Yes, indeed, patience is a virtue and I’m afraid at times that I have absolutely none of it. I try so very hard to be a patient person and to wait on the almighty when things get tough. However, I also know that I am somewhat of a control freak and a type A personality so that whole patience thing can get to be a real drag sometimes.
Waiting for something to happen is where my patience really gets tested, whether it be for a job promotion, a brand new job, packages waiting to be delivered through the mail, etc. Oh, how I wish that these people would stop and think for just a moment how they would feel if someone made them wait too. Of course, I know that in this day and age, we are all made to wait for something.
Here are some of those areas where I’ve had to wait before and it’s really tested my virtue:
- grocery store checkout line
- pharmacy checkout line
- Fast-Food drive-thrus that are supposedly faster than going inside (ha)
- waiting in a doctor’s office for over an hour when you know you have better things to be doing
- waiting for a job opportunity to open up while still going about your normal daily tasks
- waiting on customers in a public service job where they are starting to get a little uptight because you are not seeing them fast enough even though you are by yourself at the time
- waiting for a dental appointment to begin and being nervous
Well, those are just a few of the things that drive me batty sometimes about the whole prospect of waiting and they really test my patience. How about the rest of you all about there in WordPress land? What are the things that drive you the craziest when it comes to waiting and patience?
Give me some feedback and let me know how you feel about this subject. I know that I will continue to seek the Lord in all things and try to remember that things don’t always happen on my time, but with God, He is always on time.